- March 24th, 2015
- Comments Off on Top 10 Most Overlooked Tax Deductions
As April 15 approaches, everyone searches for ways to increase tax deductions. Even with a Certified Public Accountant’s services, many taxpayers miss some or all of these most overlooked tax deductions every year. With our Top 10 List, anybody can easily increase the size of their tax return.
- March 11th, 2015
- Comments Off on Small Business Tips for Landscaper Tax Returns
With its well-manufactured lawns, Long Island is a hotbed for landscapers. This time of year, the challenge for landscapers is not keeping lawns green but instead maximizing income tax returns. That’s why we’re here to offer small business tips for landscapers to use when filing tax returns.
- February 25th, 2015
- Comments Off on Itemize on Taxes or Use Standard Deductions – Which One Will Save You More Money?
Deductions are a popular discussion during tax season, and it’s not hard to see why. Everyone loves saving money. Unfortunately, understanding which deductions you qualify for and how to appropriately file for those deductions can be confusing, if you have a limited understanding of taxes and deductions. Still, we don’t…
- February 20th, 2015
- Comments Off on How to Make Your Mortgage Work for You with Interest Expense Deductions
Nobody likes interest. It’s existed for thousands of years and some of the most powerful figures in our history have had to take out a loan… even a Pope (see Pope Sixtus IV). This may just be conjecture, but we’re guessing they did not particularly enjoy paying those loans back…
- January 27th, 2015
- Comments Off on 1st the Chariot, now the Castle: Tax deductions for real estate agents
Besides the stipulations surrounding the old chariot, there are tax deductions for real estate agents that are unique involving the old castle. Similar to tax deductions involving their work vehicle, because of the nature of the business, real estate agents usually optimize their time with a home office. When it…
- January 21st, 2015
- Comments Off on Deduct the Chariot: Automobile Tax Deductions for Real Estate Agents
When it comes to real estate agents, many will agree that the only ones in the car more than them are NASCAR drivers and truck drivers. Hopping house to house, office to property, the amount of driving for work that real estate agents do is incredible, that’s why automobile tax…